Uploading a dataset into CKAN is pretty simple. Watch the screencast or read our short tutorial.
First log in into your CKAN portal. Go to Datasets and click on.
- Enter a descriptive title such as “
Fire stations”. You will see that an URL is automatically created. Then enter a description. E.g. “
Data shows names and locations (address, postcode, Easting and Northing) of fire stations within Glasgow City Council.”
- Add some tags. In our case maybe
fire brigade, fire services, fire stations. Tags are comma separated.
- Choose the applicable license.
- You also should check the visibility of your dataset. Choose “public” if you want to make the dataset publicly available.
- Finally provide a source URL from where you retrieved the data.
Then click on.
- On the second page you can choose to either upload a file from your computer or provide a link to an external resource.
- Enter a title and description for the resource.
- You don’t have to choose a file format. The format will be guessed automatically.
Finally, click. That’s it.
Last time updated: Aug 16, 2016
→ More tutorials